Saturday, May 5, 2012

Daemontools as upstart

I need to install daemontools as it is one of the requirements of qmail. I'll be installing it on CentOS 6. After installing all the source package, I check running process and I could not see any readproctitle service errors. It seems that svscan is not running. I should see it after the qmail installation. I just figured it out that I need to create svscan.conf on /etc/init. It is now using upstart. Below are the procedures I did:
echo "start on runlevel [12345]" > svscan.conf
echo "respawn" >> svscan.conf
echo "exec /command/svscanboot" >> svscan.conf
initctl reload-configuration
initctl start svscan
After this, I've checked the processes on my machine and I could see now the readproctitle service errors. BTW, I'm not doing this procedure on CentOS 5.6.

Note: You may need to command /command/svscanboot &

No comments:

Post a Comment